The LIFE programme is the EU’s funding instrument for the environment and climate action. Created in 1992, it has co-financed thousands of projects. The new LIFE programme 2021-2027 is managed by the European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency (CINEA) and has a budget of €5.4 billion and is divided into four sub-programmes:
- Nature and biodiversity
- Circular economy and quality of life
- Climate change mitigation and adaptation
- Clean energy transition
More detailed information on the LIFE programme is available on the LIFE Website.
All LIFE Calls for proposals 2022 are published on the Funding & tender opportunities portal since 17 May 2022.
EU LIFE Info Sessions 2022
From 18 – 20 May, CINEA held virtual information sessions to guide potential applicants through the LIFE 2022 Calls for proposals. You can find on the LIFE Youtube channel the list of all available recordings.
- How to write an excellent proposal (recording edition 2021 – content valid for Call 2022)
- How to write an excellent proposal under the CET sub-programme (presentation slides)
- LIFE Key Performance Indicators (recording from edition 2021 – content valid for Call 2022)
Day 1 - Opening remarks
Day 1 | Overview of the call for proposals and financial aspects
Day 2 | Nature, Circular Economy and Quality of LIFE, Climate Action
Day 3 - Clean Energy Transition overview
You can find the recordings and presentations of each sub-programme under the respective calls on CINEA Calls for Proposals page)